How to assign a task to a user in SharePoint (SharePoint 2013)
This guide will show you how to assign a task to one of your users in SharePoint 2013.
- You must have a Sherweb Hosted SharePoint 2013 account
- You must have setup a task Web Part or App on your page already
1) Log into SharePoint.
2) In the Quick Launch menu, click on Tasks (or whatever you named your App or Web Part).
3) Click on new task.
4) Give the task a name in the Task Name field. Click on the calendar icons of the Start Date and Due Date fields to set a beginning and end to the task. Enter the email address of the user in the Assigned To field. To display additional settings, click on Show More.
5) % Complete: displays an approximate percentage of completion for the task.
Description: displays a short description of the task.
Predecessors: if this task is dependent of another previous task, add the previous task in the list of predecessors
Priority: assigns a relative priority to this task in relation to other tasks
Task Status: assigns a status to this task.
Click on Save.
Note: Assigning a task to one of your users in SharePoint will generate an alert for that user every time the Task is updated.
Feel free to contact us for any other questions.
All Sherweb Cloud SharePoint 2013 accounts.