How to create a blog page in SharePoint 2013
A blog or any other type of special page can be created in SharePoint 2013. This guide will show you how to create a specialized page by creating a blog.
- You must have a Sherweb hosted SharePoint 2013 account
1) Log into SharePoint.
2) In the Quick Launch bar, click on Site Contents.
3) Click on new subsite.
4) Fill in the details of your new subsite the same way you would for a new site: title, description, URL, language and template.
Note: You may wonder where all the templates went between SharePoint 2010 and 2013. Here is Microsoft’s explanation: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607742.aspx
5) If you wish to have the same user and content permissions as the parent site, click the Use same permissions as parent site radio button. If you wish this subsite to have different permissions than other parts of your site, click on Use unique permissions.
Determine if this subsite will show up in the Quick Launch bar and top link bar of the parent site by selecting Yes or No.
Choose to have the parent site top link bar as this subsite’s top link bar by clicking on Yes, otherwise click on No.
6) Your new blog site will be successfully created.
Feel free to contact us for any other questions.
All Sherweb Cloud SharePoint 2013 accounts.