How to to disable the password prompt in SharePoint 2013
This guide shows how to disable the password prompt in SharePoint 2013.
A Sherweb Hosted SharePoint 2013 account
1. Open your SharePoint website.
Note: The following steps are based on Internet Explorer browser, but the procedure can be adapted to any other browser.
2. Click on the Tools icon on the top right corner of the browser window.
3. Click on Internet Options in the menu.
4. In the Security tab of the Internet Options window, click on the first icon, labeled Internet, then on the Custom level… button.
5. In the Security Settings – Internet Zone window, scroll down to find the User Authentication set of properties. Under the Logon setting, select Automatic logon with current user name and password.
6. Click on OK. When prompted to confirm the modification, click Yes.
7. Back in the Internet Options window, click on the Local intranet zone icon, then on Sites button.
8. In the Local Intranet settings window, make sure the Automatically detect intranet network option is checked. Click on OK.
9. Back in the Internet Options window, click on the Trusted sites zone icon, then on the Sites button.
10. Add your SharePoint site by typing in its URL. Click Add, then Close.
Note: You may also enter a whole domain by typing in: *.yourdomain.ext.
Make sure you uncheck the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone if your server is not set for SSL.
11. Back in the Internet Options window, click on Apply, then OK. Close and re-open your browser.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All Sherweb hosted SharePoint 2013 accounts.