How to share mailbox folders (Exchange 2013)
This article explains how to share folders in OWA 2013.
• Only default mail folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, etc.) can be shared for an Exchange 2013 account.
• Microsoft has removed the ability to see and use shared Contacts in OWA. The same thing goes for the Tasks folder.
• The Calendar is the only non-mail default folder that you can share and use in OWA ; this procedure does not apply for calendars.
1. Log on to your mailbox using OWA (https://webmail05.sherwebcloud.com or https://webmail12.sherwebcloud.com).
2. Right-click on your username and select permissions…
3. In the permissions window, click on + to add the user you will be sharing folders with.
4. Enter the user by typing the name or searching in the directory. Click on add.
5. Back in the folder permissions window, select the Permission level or set your custom permissions. Once done, click on ok.
Note: If you let the level set to None, the other user may not see other folders you will be sharing (other than the Inbox). Make sure you set enough permissions, like with the Contributor level.
6. Now select the default email folder you would like to share. Right-click and choose permissions.
7. Add the user as in steps 3 and 4. Select it, then choose the appropriate permission level or set your custom permissions. Once done, click on ok.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All Sherweb hosted Exchange 2013 accounts