How to repair the Outlook autocomplete cache
This guide will show you how to repair the Outlook autocomplete cache.
- A Sherweb hosted Exchange account.
It may happen that the Autocomplete Cache gets corrupted with the following symptoms:
- an e-mail address added to the autocomplete does not appear any more 24 hours after being removed
- or the autocomplete cache becomes empty 24 hours after the addition .
This issue is solved by repairing the cache.
- Close Outlook and make sure its process is not running using the Task manager.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Copy-paste the following string %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache into the address bar.
- Delete any .dat file which name starts by Stream_Autocomplete_0_.
- Restart Outlook. This will create a new and healthy Stream_Autocomplete file for a brand new cache.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All Sherweb hosted Exchange accounts