How to send an email from an alias address (Exchange 2013)
This procedure explains how to send an email from one of your Exchange account aliases.
You must have a Sherweb 2013 hosted Exchange account
All emails sent to your aliases are forwarded to your primary email address.
You may want to be able to send emails with one of those aliases. Unfortunately this is not possible unless you do some reconfiguration.
This procedure will show you how to achieve the reconfiguration.
Configure a forward email address:
1. From the Control Panel, remove the alias from your Exchange user account.
2. Create a new forward mailbox with the removed alias email address. To achieve this, first create a user account, then assign a mailbox to it.
3. To ensure all emails sent to the forward email address reach your own mailbox, configure the forward mailbox to redirect emails to you.
4. Grant your own email account Send As permission on the newly created forward mailbox. To proceed, use this procedure and check the 'Send as permission' instead of 'Full access permission'.
Send emails as the forward mailbox:
5. Open your mailbox using OWA.
6. Create a new message.
7. Editing the new message, click on the ellipsis (...), then on show from.
8. In the From field, right-click the default email address and click on remove.
9. Enter the forward email address or search it in the Contacts & Directory.
10. Edit your message, then click on SEND.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All Sherweb hosted Exchange 2013 accounts