How to setup the Microsoft Lync 2013 Mobile client on an Apple mobile device
This article explains how to setup the Microsoft Lync 2013 Mobile client on an Apple mobile device.
You must have a hosted Lync 2013 account with Sherweb.
You must have an Apple mobile device (iPhone or iPad).
1. Go to the Apple App Store, search for Microsoft Lync 2013 and select the application. Tap on FREE, then on INSTALL APP.
2. Tap on OPEN when the installation is completed.
3. Tap on OK.
4. Accept the license terms.
5. Enter your username (your email address) and password. The Save My Password option is already checked, you may change this if you want.
6. Tap on Next.
7. Change the settings you want. Tap on Next.
8. Enter your phone number.
9. Choose to sync your Lync contacts with your device contacts list or not.
10. The application loads your contacts list.
Note: In case you are unable to successfully access Lync from your mobile, click on Show Advanced Options back in the login screen (Step 4).
Enter your username (your email adresse) again in the User name field.
Scroll the Auto-Detect Server setting to 0 and enter the the URL below that corresponds with your server for both Internal Discovery Address and External Discovery Address displayed fields:
If your Sherweb Control Panel's URL starts with 'admin05':
If your Sherweb Control Panel's URL starts with 'admin12':
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All Lync 2013 accounts