How to setup and configure the Microsoft Lync 2013 client for Windows
This article explains how to setup the Microsoft Lync 2013 client for Windows.
You must have a hosted Lync 2013 account with Sherweb.
You must have the administrative rights on your PC.
You must have the administrative rights on your organization in the Control Panel to be able to download the setup file.
Note: The Lync 2013 client for Windows (32Bit or 64Bit version) can run on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Server 2008 R2 with Service pack, Server 2012 R2 and later.
1. Open the Control Panel. Under the Organization section in the Tasks list, click on Downloads.
2. Under the Downloads for “Lync” section, select either Windows (32-bit) or Windows (64-bit) version, make sure you choose the right language in the dropdown list beside. Click on Download. The download starts.
3. Once you have downloaded Lync 2013 to your desktop, double-click on the installation program.
If Windows gives you a security prompt, click on Yes. Click on Install.
4. Many programs will need to close for Lync to install. Take notice of these programs, save your work and then click on Yes.
5. Check the box called Start Lync and then click on Close.
6. Enter your email address in the Sign-in address field.
Note: If your administrator already set your organization DNS as indicated in this article, you can directly go to step 12.
7.Click on the menu icon, then on Tools and Options.
8. Click on the Personal tab, then click on Advanced.
9. Find your sip.example.com value in your Control Panel.
10. Enter your sip.example.com:443 value in both the Internal servername or IP address and the External server name or IP address fields. Click on OK.
11. Click on OK in the Options page.
12. Click on Sign In.
13. Enter your email password in the Password field. Click on Sign In.
14. Click on Yes to save the sign-in information.
15. Check the box named Always trust this server, do not show me this again and then click on Connect.
16. Lync 2013 is now fully configured for your use.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
All Lync 2013 accounts