How to manage contacts from federated organizations in your Lync client
This guide explains how to manage contacts from federated organizations in your Lync client.
- You must have a hosted Lync 2013 account with Sherweb.
- Your organization should be enabled for Lync 2013 Federation.
- In case you don’t have Lync 2013 Federation, please contact our Technical Support for more information.
Searching for a contact from a federated organization in the directory
1. In the search bar of your Lync client, type the email address of the contact you are looking for. It should appear on the list right away.
Adding contacts from federated organizations in your contacts list
1. In your Lync client, click on the Add a contact icon, then select Add a Contact Not in My Organization, and Lync.
2. In the details window, enter the email address of your contact, and select the group you would like it to be in, plus the privacy relationship. Click on OK.
3. You should now be able to see your external contact listed with its presence status.
Note: after adding the contact, starting a conversation or inviting the person to a meeting does not differ from the existing procedures.
All Lync 2013 accounts