How to use Lync in Exchange 2013 Outlook Web App
Microsoft Lync 2013 integrates with Exchange 2013 Outlook Web App. This guide shows you how to use it.
You must have a hosted Exchange 2013 account with Sherweb.
You must have a hosted Lync 2013 account with Sherweb.
1. Log in to OWA. Click here for instructions.
Modify your status
2. In the top-right menu, click on your username. Select your new status in the list.
Start a chat
Note: your browser's pop-up blocker should be off.
3. From the top-right menu, click on People. Expand the Lync Contacts list or any other list.
4. Click on the user you want to chat with. From the center pane, click on the Send instant message button under the name.
5. A chat window opens. Start typing.
Note: From any of your email messages, you may also start a chat by clicking on the Send instant message button under the name of the sender or a recipient you hover on.
Accept a chat request
6. Click on the chat notification button, then on accept. A chat window opens.
All Lync 2013 accounts