Manual configuration guide for Outlook 2013 (Exchange 2016)
Manual configuration guide for Outlook 2013 (Exchange 2016).
You must have a Sherweb hosted Exchange 2016 account
You must have Outlook 2013
1) On your Desktop, go to Start - Control Panel.
2) Click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
3) Click on Mail.
4) Click on Show Profiles.
5) Click on Add.
6) Enter a name in the Profile name field and then click on OK.
7) Click on Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click on Next.
8) Click on Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service and then click on Next.
9) Enter s14-mbx11-11 in the Server field.
10) Enter your email address in the User Name field.
11) Check the box Use Cached Exchange Mode and pull the Mail to keep offline slider bar to All. Click on More Settings.
12) Select the Connection tab and then check the box Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP. Click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
13) In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field, enter the webmail value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: webmail.example.com). Make sure that both On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP and On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP are selected and that the Proxy authentication settings are at Basic Authentication. Then, click on OK.
14) Click on Apply and then on OK.
15) Make sure your email address is in the User Name field and then click on Check Name.
16) Enter your password in the Password field and then click on OK.
17) When Outlook stops loading, the server should have changed as well as your user name. Both should be underlined. Click on Next and then click on Finish.
18) Close the Mail screen and open Outlook. When you are asked for your password, enter it into the Password field.
19) A message box will appear in the lower right of your screen stating that Microsoft Outlook is setting up a local copy of your mailbox. It may be several minutes until all of your data is available. Once you see All folders are up to date and Connected to Microsoft Exchange, you can begin using your newly configured Exchange profile.
Feel free to contact us for any other questions.
All Sherweb hosted Exchange 2016 accounts