How to modify or delete a distribution list
This guide explains how to modify (add/remove members; set moderation /delivery restrictions) or delete a distribution list through the Control Panel.
You must have a Sherweb hosted Exchange account
1. Log in to the Control Panel.
2. Click on Manage distribution lists, located in the Exchange section under Tasks.
Add or remove members
3. Click on Edit members near the distribution list whose membership you would like to modify.
4. Put a checkmark in the boxes that are next to the users you wish to include as members in the distribution list and click on Save.
Activate and modify moderation settings
5. Click on Edit moderation.
6. On the Moderation Settings page, check or uncheck Enabled for the Distribution list information field, whether you would like to activate or deactivate it. Check Bypass nested moderation if needed. Choose the Notification target in the drop-down list.
Select the users you would like to set as moderators for the distribution list. Specify if the moderation should be bypassed based on the sender you select for the Bypass moderation if the sender is field.
Click on Save.
Note: The Bypass nested moderationparameter specifies whether to allow the parent group moderators to provide approval for any nested groups that are also moderated. If you set this parameter to true, all moderation in any nested distribution groups is bypassed on approved e-mail messages.
7. A message confirms the success of the operation.
Set delivery restrictions
8. Back on the Distribution List page, click on Edit delivery restrictions.
9. To enable senders to deliver messages to the distribution list, select All senders under Accept messages from, or select Senders in the following list only, then check the desired users, contacts and distribution lists.
To restrict message delivery to the distribution list, select No sender under Reject messages from, or select Senders in the following list only, then check the desired users, contacts and distribution lists.
Click on Save.
10. A message confirms the success of the operation.
Change the email address (alias) or add a new alias
11. On the Distribution List page, click on Edit.
12. Modify the existing Aliases values to the replacement email address(es).
13. To add a new alias of the same name to all existing domains, fill the blank field next to Add to all domains button, then click on the button. Click Save.
14. To add an alias to only one domain, click on Add. Enter the email address value in the empty field of the new line. Click Save.
15. You may also modify the Display name if needed. Click Save.
Delete distribution list
16. On the Distribution List page, click on Delete.
17. On the confirmation page, click Yes.
18. A message confirms the success of the operation.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All Sherweb hosted Exchange accounts