How to restore files or folders with Online Backup
This guide will explain how to restore files or folders with Online Backup.
You must have an Online Backup account
Before attempting to restore any data, please ensure that the backup agent has been installed and is running on the machine in question.
1. Open the Windows task tray and click the Backup agent icon.
2. Click the settings gear icon and choose Open backup console.
This will direct you to the web portal. Log in with your username and password. Alternatively, you can skip the previous step and log in directly at https://backup.cld.services.
3. Click Recover on the device you want to recover, and then select the backup you wish to use from the list of restore points. Click Recover and choose either Files/folders or Entire machine.
Note: Selecting Entire Machine will overwrite all the files on your machine with the files from the backup. For the purpose of this guide, we have selected Files/folders.
4. Choose the appropriate drive and navigate to the file you are looking for, select the file or folder you need and choose to download it (which will download a copy to your Downloads folder), restore it to its original location or restore it to a custom location.
5. Choose how you want to handle the recovery then click Start Recovery.
6. Choose Proceed
7. Once completed, an activity log is available.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
All Online Backup users