4. Recovering Microsoft 365 mailbox items
This guide will show you how to recovering Microsoft 365 Online mailbox items
You must have administrator credentials for:
- Online Backup
- Your Microsoft 365 organization
What items can be backed recovered?
The following items can be recovered from a mailbox backup:
- Email folders
- Email messages
- Calendar events
- Journal entries
You can use search to locate the items.
When recovering entire mailboxes you can select whether to overwrite the items in the target location.
1. Sign in to the Online Backup console as a company administrator through the Partner Portal using the SSO or log in to the following link https://backup.cld.services/login.
2. Click on Microsoft Office 365.
3. Do one of the following:
To recover a user mailbox
- expand the Users node, select All users, select the user whose mailbox originally contained the items that you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
To recover a shared mailbox
- Expand the Users node, select All users, select the shared mailbox originally contained the items that you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
To recover a group mailbox
- Expand the Groups node, select All groups, select the group whose mailbox originally contained the items that you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
If the user, group, or the shared mailbox was deleted
- Select it in the Microsoft Office 365 backups section of the Backups tab, and then click Show backups.
You can search users and groups by name. Wildcards are not supported.
4. Select a recovery point, then click Recover > Email messages.
5. Browse to the required folder or use search to obtain the list of the required items.
The following search options are available. Wildcards are not supported.
For email messages
search by subject, sender, recipient, and date.
- search by title and date.
- search by subject and date.
- search by name, email address, and phone number
6. Select the items that you want to recover. To be able to select folders, click the recover folders icon
Additionally, you can do any of the following:
When an item is selected
- click Show content to view its contents
The content will appear including the attachments
- Click the name of an attached file to download it.
When an email message or a calendar item is selected
- Click Send as email to send the item to the specified email addresses. You can select the sender and write a text to be added to the forwarded item.
Only if the backup is not encrypted, you used search, and selected a single item in the search results
- click Show versions to select the item version to recover. You can select any backed-up version, earlier or later than the selected recovery point.
7. Click Recover, once you found the item you were looking for.
8. In Recover to mailbox, view, change, or specify the target mailbox.
- By default, the original mailbox is selected. If this mailbox does not exist or a non-original organization is selected, you must specify the target mailbox.
9. Click Start Recovery
10. Select one of the overwriting options before you click on Proceed
- Overwrite existing items
- Do not overwrite existing items
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
All Online Backup accounts with Microsoft 365