7. Recovering OneDrive Files
This guide will show you how to recover OneDrive Files in Online Backup
You must have administrator credentials for:
- Online Backup
- Your Microsoft 365 organization
You can choose whether to recover the sharing permissions or let the files inherit the permissions from the folder to which they are recovered.
Sharing links for files and folders are not recovered.
1. Sign in to the Online Backup console as a company administrator through the Partner Portal using the SSO or log in to the following link https://backup.cld.services/login.
2. Click on Microsoft Office 365.
3. Do one of the following:
- Expand the Users node, select All users, select the user whose OneDrive you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
- If the user was deleted, select it in the Microsoft Office 365 backups section of the Backups tab, and then click Show backups.
You can search users by name. Wildcards are not supported.
4. Select a recovery point, then click Recover >Files/Folders
5. Browse to the required folder or use search to obtain the list of the required files and folders.
- You can use one or more wildcard characters (* and ?). For more details about using wildcards, refer to "File filters".
- The search is not available if the backup is encrypted.
6. Select the files that you want to recover
- If the backup is not encrypted and you selected a single file, you can click Show versions to select the file version to recover. You can select any backed-up version, earlier or later than the selected recovery point.
- If you want to download the selected files, click Download, select the location to save the data to, and click Save. Otherwise, skip this step.
7. Click Recover when you've found the item you were looking for.
8. In Recover to drive, view, change, or specify the target user.
- By default, the original user is selected. If this user does not exist or a non-original organization is selected, you must specify the target user.
- In Path, view or change the target folder in the target user's OneDrive. By default, the original location is selected.
- Select whether to recover the sharing permissions for the files.
- Click Start recovery.
9. Select one of the overwriting options before you click on Proceed:
- Overwrite an existing file if it is older
- Overwrite existing files
- Do not overwrite existing files
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
All Online Backup accounts with Microsoft 365