How to get started on M365 backup powered by Veeam
Welcome to M365 backup powered by Veeam!
This guide will help you getting started on M365 backup powered by Veeam.
Even though Microsoft hosts the infrastructure for Exchange and SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Teams, this does not replace your responsibility to backup business‑critical Microsoft 365 data.
Don't risk of losing control of your data. With M365 backup powered by Veeam, your data is always protected and accessible.
Please make sure to be aware of limitations and unsupported scenarios before contacting our support team for questions or errors: Unsupported scenarios and limitations for M365 backup powered by Veeam
There are two (2) ways to restore from M365 backup powered by Veeam:
The Self-Service Restore Portal
- This portal can be used by any user using its own M365 credentials to restore its own data.
- If needed, the Delegated Restore Operator role can be given to some users to proceed with restores on behalf all backed up users in the organization.
- The restore scope is limited to the last backup through the Self-Service Restore Portal
By using Veeam Explorers
- This method requires a Veeam Backup & Replication (VBR) server configured with credentials sent by email.
- This method requires credentials of a user with the Global Administrator role to proceed with restores.
- This method provides additional restore options to overcome some limitations of the Self-Service Restore Portal like:
- The availability to select the desired recovery point for the restore session
- M365 items can be restored to a different user
- M365 items can be restored and sent by email
- M365 items can be exported on the backup server
- A mailbox can be exported as a PST file
Billing and discounts
Please see this article to help you understand how billing for M365 Backup powered by Veeam works and how to get the best discounts.
Here are links for main articles to get started with M365 backup powered by Veeam.
- How to explore Microsoft Exchange backups and restore items using the Self-Service Restore Portal on M365 backup powered by Veeam
- How to setup Veeam Backup & Replication to allow additional restore options on M365 backup powered by Veeam
- How to explore Microsoft Exchange backups using the Veeam Explorer for M365 backup powered by Veeam
- How to restore data using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange on M365 backup powered by Veeam
For a complete access to articles on M365 backup powered by Veeam, please visit our support site at: https://helpdesk.sherweb.com/en/support/solutions/67000388181