This guide will show you how backup Microsoft 365 Teams.
You must have administrator credentials for:
- Online Backup
- Your Microsoft 365 organization
What items can be backed up?
You can back up entire teams. This includes team name, team members, team members list, Team channels and their content, team mailbox and meetings and team sites.
A separate option in the backup plan enables the backup of OneNote notebooks.
The following are not backed up
- Settings of the general channel (moderation preferences) - due to a Microsoft Teams beta API limitation
- Settings of custom channel (moderation preferences) - due to a Microsoft Teams beta API limitation
- Meeting notes
- Messages in the chat section hese are private one-on-one or group chats)
- Stickers and Praises
Backup and recovery are supported for the following channel tabs
- Document Library
Files that are in shared private channels are backed up, but not restored due to an API limitation.
Group membership is not protected, only specifically added members in teams. Which means that if a team was created due to a M365 group and that group has been deleted, restoring the team from Acronis won't restore the permissions of the people that had access via the M365 group.
1. Sign into the backup console as a company administrator through the Partner Portal using the SSO or log in to the following link https://backup.cld.services/login.
2. Click on Microsoft Office 365.
3. Do one of the following:
To back up all teams in the organization (including teams that will be created in the future), expand the Teams node, select All teams, and then click Group backup.
To back up individual teams, expand the Teams node, select All teams, select the teams that you want to back up, and then click Backup.
4. On the Backup plan panel:
Ensure that the Microsoft Teams item is selected in What to back up.
[OPTIONAL] You can decide to include the OneNote notebooks by clicking on the slider Include OneNote.
Click on Apply
5. After applying a backup plan, the newly added items will be included in the backup only after the synchronization. The cloud agent synchronizes with Microsoft 365 every 24 hours.
You can click on Run Now if you want to run the backup right away.
This option will not be available from the Group Backup, in which case you will need to select the sites or groups you want to run now and click on the Backup button instead of Group Backup in order to click the Run Now button for the schedule you just created.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
All Online Backup accounts with Microsoft 365