Domain Aliases can be used to redirect traffic from one domain to another, which is a common scenario if you have both a “.com” and “. ca” domain registered. This guide shows the setup of an alias pointing traffic from Sherweb-test.com to Sherweb.com.
1. Login to Plesk.
2. Click on Subscriptions and click the domain from list.
3. Go to Websites and Domains and click on Add Domain Alias.
4. Enter the domain alias name in the first box (ex. sherweb-test.com) and select the actual domain name in the second box.
- Under Settings untick the first option to enabled you to edit DNS records.
- If the domain isn’t going to be used for receiving emails untick the second box.
5. Click “OK” to create.
6. Once it is completed, confirm that the alias appears under your host domains subscription.