How to update Veeam Explorers for M365 backup powered by Veeam
To connect to the backup infrastructure using Veeam Explorers, it is mandatory to update them after a setup of a Veeam Backup & Replication server.
It is also strongly recommended to frequently update Veeam Explorers to get new features and bug fixes, specially after Sherweb has performed upgrades on the infrastructure.
If you don’t have a Veeam Backup & Replication server in place yet, please follow this article for guidance.
- Connect to your backup server.
- Download the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 ISO file on the backup server.
You can use the following link: https://download5.veeam.com/VBO/v7/VeeamBackupMicrosoft365_126.96.36.19904_P20230512.iso
If the link above is broken, you can download the trial here: https://www.veeam.com/backup-microsoft-office-365.html
- Once the ISO file download is completed, mount the ISO file.
- Then, launch the Veeam Setup
- Click on Install
- Click on Install Veeam Explorers
- Click on I Accept
- On the next screen, click on Next. You can ignore the warning for system requirements to deploy Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 as we only deploy Veeam Explorers.
- Then, click on Install
- Wait for the install to complete
- Finally, click on Finish
You have now successfully upgraded Veeam Explorers.