How to access a virtual machine in Performance Cloud using RDP
This guide will show you how to access a virtual machine from outside your network in Sherweb Performance Cloud.
You must be a Sherweb Performance Cloud client.
1. Open a web browser and enter the following URL in the address bar: https://performancecloud.sherweb.com
2. Enter your username and password in the Login fields and then click on Submit.
3. Create a VM. For assistance, please refer to this guide.
4. Create a network. For assistance, please refer to this guide. Make sure NAT is enabled
5. Link your VM to the network. For assistance, please refer to this guide.
Create a network rule
6. Click on your network
7. Click on the Rules tab and then click on Add Rule
8. For an RDP connection, use these settings:
Source Port: 3389
Choose destination virtual machine
Destination Port: 3389
Click on the checkmark icon
9. Go on the dashboard of your virtual network and locate your EXTERNAL IP. This external IP is associated to the virtual network and you will need it to initiate a RDP connection to your server
10. Open a Remote Desktop Connection from your computer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Remote Desktop Connection. From the list of results, click Remote Desktop Connection. This window will now appear
11. Enter the External IP address of your virtual network (step 9) in the Computer field and click connect
12. Enter your credentials to access the VM
13. Accept the certificate errors by clicking Yes and you will be logged in your VM
All Sherweb Performance Cloud accounts.