Veeam Cloud Connect Backup (VCC-B) - How to setup the service provider in Veeam Backup & Replication
This guide will show you how to setup your Veeam Backup & Replication server with your new cloud backup repository.
This guide assumes that you already have the following:
- Veeam Backup & Replication Version 11 installed on your backup server
- A proper license to use the Veeam Cloud Connect feature. The free version of Veeam Backup & Replication named "Community Edition" is not working with Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Have received the required information (username, password, server address) to setup the service provider in your Veeam Backup & Replication server.
You may get some errors without having a recent version of Veeam Backup & Replication. Please note that you may need to install some Veeam updates to be able to connect to the cloud server.
We are currently testing Veeam Backup & Replication V12 and an upgrade will be performed soon to support the new release.
- Open your Veeam Backup & Replication software
- Click on the tab “Service providers” in the Backup Infrastructure section.
- Click on “ADD SERVICE PROVIDER”.
- Enter the URL provided (VCCCAN01.yourcloudservers.com or VCCUSA01.yourcloudservers.com) with the default port 6180 and then click on Next.
- Add new credentials. Enter the provided username and password then click on Next.
- Review the repository capacity that has been configured for your tenant and click on Next.
- Wait until Veeam saves the settings in the configuration database. Once completed, click on Next.
- Review the Summary configuration for the Service Provider and click on Finish.
- You can now configure your backup jobs using the new cloud backup repository.
Here is a link to the Veeam documentation for guidance and best practices about creating backup jobs in Veeam Backup & Replication to a cloud storage repository https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/backup/110/cloud/cloud_connect_backup.html