How to install the Veeam Backup & Replication license
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Here is the procedure to install your Veeam Backup & Replication (VBR) license file.
- You must install Veeam Backup & Replication on a Microsoft Windows server
If Veeam Backup & Replication is not installed yet, please download the application here (a Veeam account is required): https://www.veeam.com/download-version.html?ad=downloads&tab=current
Please review system requirements, required permissions, and required ports before you install Veeam Backup & Replication: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/planning.html?ver=110
- The license file was generated and sent by Sherweb
- When using our licenses through the Veeam License Rental service, the license information will show Sherweb as the owner. This behavior cannot be changed.
- Connect to your backup server environment
- Upload the license file to your backup server
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication console and connect to your backup server.
- Click on the Menu icon and click on License
- Click on Install
- Browse for the license file location and click on Open
- The license window should now look this:
We suggest keeping enabled the option to update the license automatically. This way, if changes are brought for the license or if the license is renewed after the expiration date, you will not have to upload again a license file.
You can now close the license window and start configuring the backup of your servers and other workload.