Backup and Permanently Deleted Items Retention policies for Hosted Exchange
This article gives details on the backup and dumpster retention policies for Hosted Exchange.
You must have a Hosted Exchange account.
Default policies included with every Hosted Exchange plan:
- All mailbox backups are retained 7 days
- All permanently deleted items are retained in the dumpster for 14 days
Additional policies available for purchase for Hosted Exchange (per user/month):
- 30 days of retention in the dumpster for permanently deleted items
- 60 days of retention in the dumpster for permanently deleted items
- 90 days of retention in the dumpster for permanently deleted items
- Only items permanently deleted from the online mailbox are retained in the dumpster.
- Dumpster retention policies do not apply on personal folders (.PST files), neither on the Deleted Items folder.
- The dumpster will help you recover single items. You can do it by yourself.
Backups will help you recover the entire mailbox. This operation can only be done by our support team and per hour fees apply for mailbox restore requests.
- Provisioning additional retention is an automatic process that takes 24 to 48 hours from the time you’ve purchased it.
All Sherweb accounts