2. Backing up Exchange Online Mailboxes
This guide will show you how to back up Microsoft 365 Mailboxes
You must have administrator credentials for:
- Online Backup
- Your Microsoft 365 organization
What items can be backed up?
You can back up user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, and group mailboxes. Optionally, you can choose to back up the archive mailboxes (In-Place Archive) of the selected mailboxes.
1. Sign in to the backup console as a company administrator through the Partner Portal using the SSO or log in to the following link https://backup.cld.services/login.
2. Click on Microsoft Office 365.
3. Do one of the following:
To back up the mailboxes of all users and all shared mailboxes (including mailboxes that will be created in the future)
- Expand the Users node, select All users, and then click Group backup.
To back up individual user or shared mailboxes
- Expand the Users node, select All users, select the users whose mailboxes you want to back up, and then click Backup.
To back up all group mailboxes (including mailboxes of groups that will be created in the future)
- Expand the Groups node, select All groups, and then click Group backup.
To back up individual group mailboxes
- Expand the Groups node, select All groups, select the groups whose mailboxes you want to back up, and then click Backup.
4. Click on Add Backup Plan
5. On the backup plan panel:
- Ensure that the Mailboxes item is selected in What to back up.
- If you do not want to backup the archive mailboxes, disable the Archive mailbox switch.
6. Click Apply
7. After applying a backup plan, the newly added items will be included in the backup only after the synchronization. The cloud agent synchronizes with Microsoft 365 every 24 hours.
- You can click on Run Now if you want to run the Backup right away.
This option will not be available from the Group Backup, in which case you will need to select the users you want to run now and click on the Backup button instead of Group Backup in order to click the Run Now button for the Schedule you just created.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.