6. Recovering an entire OneDrive
This guide will show you how to recover an entire OneDrive with Online Backup
You must have administrator credentials for:
- Online Backup
- Your Microsoft 365 organization
You can choose whether to recover the sharing permissions or let the files inherit the permissions from the folder to which they are recovered.
Sharing links for files and folders are not recovered.
1. Sign in to the Online Backup console as a company administrator through the Partner Portal using the SSO or log in to the following link https://backup.cld.services/login.
2. Click on Microsoft Office 365.
3. Do one of the following:
- Expand the Users node, select All users, select the user whose OneDrive you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
- If the user was deleted, select it in the Microsoft Office 365 backups section of the Backups tab, and then click Show backups.
You can search users by name. Wildcards are not supported.
4. Select a recovery point, then click Recover > Entire OneDrive
5. In Recover to drive, view, change, or specify the target user. By default, the original user is selected. If this user does not exist or a non-original organization is selected, you must specify the target user.
- Select whether to recover the sharing permissions for the files.
6. Click Start Recovery
7. Select one of the overwriting options before you click on Proceed:
- Overwrite an existing file if it is older
- Overwrite existing files
- Do not overwrite existing files
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
All Online Backup accounts with Microsoft 365