How to add or remove virtual CPUs on a virtual machine with Performance Cloud powered by VMware
This article will guide you to change the number of virtual CPUs assigned to a virtual machine.
- Please make sure to have enough resources in your virtual Data Center before trying to add resources on virtual machines. If needed, add required resources in your account management portal Cumulus.
- If you want to enable the CPU hot add feature, please review this article.
- Login to the Performance Cloud VMware portal using your credentials.
- Click on your Virtual Data Center (vDC)
- Go into the Virtual Machines section and identify your virtual machine.
- Shutdown the virtual machine.
- Open the virtual machine details.
- Under Hardware, go ionto the Compute section.
Then, click on EDIT.
- Set the desired number of virtual CPUs and click on SAVE.
- Power on the virtual machine.