You need to set a retention policy for messages from a saved eDiscovery search.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Saved Search Retention Policy
- Important Mentions
Saved Search Retention Policy
This section will explain how to create and remove a policy for an existing saved eDiscovery search of emails.
Creating the retention policy
- On the next page select the "Message Level" tab and then select "+Add Policy".
- On the select saved search drop down, select the saved search you need to add a retention policy to.
- Next, select the retention period that you need for the saved search. You can select between 1 month to 11 years or unlimited to never have the data permanently deleted.
- Following this you will need to read the disclaimer, agree to the terms and select "Save".
- By hovering over the orange test, you can view the retention policy set.
Removing the policy from an email
- In the list of emails with a retention policy set, select the checkbox beside the email you wish to remove the retention policy from.
- Next, select the "Remove Policy" button in the bottom right hand corner.
- On the next pop up window, select "Yes" that you would like to remove the policy from this message.
- You can then see in the list of emails that the retention policy has bee removed.
Important things to note when creating retention policies.