You need to set, or remove a legal hold on a previously saved eDiscovery search.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This section will explain how to set a legal hold on a previously saved eDiscovery search as well as how to remove the legal hold. While a legal hold is active there will be no way to have emails deleted that are part of that specified saved search.
Creating a legal hold
- Hover over the compliance menu and select "Legal Hold".
- On the "Message Level" tab, select "+Add Hold".
- On the next window, select from the dropdown the previously saved search you wish to add a hold to.
- Once you have read the disclaimer, select the checkbox, and then select "Enable Hold".
- After this you will be able to see the list of emails from the hold with a blue icon meaning that there is a hold currently on that email.
Removing a legal hold
- On the "Message Level" tab, select the checkbox next to the email(s) you wish to remove the hold from and then select "Remove Hold".
- Next, be sure to read the warning and then select "Yes".
- The hold will then be removed and the retention policy will once again apply.