Please note that the Dropsuite UI has recently been updated. Some of the screenshots below may be out of date and we are working on updating this guide as quickly as possible.
You need to set, or remove a legal hold on a previously saved eDiscovery search.
These are the requirements to be able to set a legal hold.
- One of the following Dropsuite accesses:
- Full Admin
- IT Admin
- Compliance and Review Officer
- Group Supervisor (This will only work for users within the groups they are an admin of)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Adding a Legal Hold
This section will explain how to set a legal hold on a previously saved eDiscovery search as well as how to remove the legal hold. While a legal hold is active there will be no way to have emails deleted that are part of that specified saved search.
Creating a legal hold
- Hover over the compliance menu and select "Legal Hold".
- On the "Message Level" tab, select "+Add Hold".
- On the next window, select from the dropdown the previously saved search you wish to add a hold to.
- Once you have read the disclaimer, select the checkbox, and then select "Enable Hold".
- After this you will be able to see the list of emails from the hold with a blue icon meaning that there is a hold currently on that email.
Removing a legal hold
- On the "Message Level" tab, select the checkbox next to the email(s) you wish to remove the hold from and then select "Remove Hold".
- Next, be sure to read the warning and then select "Yes".
- The hold will then be removed and the retention policy will once again apply.
Important things to note when creating legal holds.
- Retention policies will no longer apply while the hold is active meaning no emails can be deleted whatsoever.