How to reset a lost password for a virtual machine with Performance Cloud VMware
- Login to the Performance Cloud VMware portal using your credentials.
- Select your virtual datacenter.
- Under the Compute section, click on Virtual Machines.
Identify the virtual machine to modify and shut down the virtual machine.
- Once the virtual machine is powered off, click on DETAILS
- Click on Guest OS Customization and then click on EDIT.
- Remove the option named Change SID and click on SAVE.
- Click on ALL ACTIONS, then Power and Power on, Force Recustomization.
Once powered on, the recustomization will be pushed inside the OS and reboot the machine by itself.
Note: For subsequent power-ons, the Power on (without recustomization) option will be the option to take.
Retrieve the new password of the virtual machine
Once recustomization is completed and the VM is started, refresh your browser and go back to Guest OS Customization.
You will now see the password generated to access the virtual machine.