Nested Virtualization in Performance Cloud VMware (NSX-T)
Some use cases require exposing hardware assisted virtualization which is also known as Nested Virtualization or Intel VT-x. This service is available in Performance Cloud VMware (NSX-T), here is a guide on how to enable this feature.
Although the feature is available, we do not suggest using the feature in a production environment. Sherweb will not provide support for any issues after enabling this feature on virtual machines.
- Login to the Performance Cloud VMware (NSX-T) portal using your credentials.
- Turn off the virtual machine where you want to enable this feature.
- Open the details pane of your virtual machine.
- Under Hardware, go into the Compute section.
Then, click on EDIT.
- Toggle the switch labeled “Expose hardware-assisted CPU Virtualization to guest OS”
- Click SAVE
- Turn on the virtual machine