Restore files from a backup job with Performance Cloud VMware (NSX-T)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Here is the procedure to restore files from a backup job for a virtual machine running on Performance Cloud VMware.
Note for backup file encryption
If the backup job is configured with backup file encryption in the backend, you do not have to specify the encryption password to proceed with the restore.
The automatic backup file decryption is performed in the background as encryption keys required to unlock the backup files are available in the configuration database.
- Login to the Performance Cloud VMware portal using your credentials.
- Go the “Data Protection with Veeam” section.
- Go to the Files tab, click on Pick from List…
Select the virtual machine containing the file(s) to restore. Then, click on Select.
- Click on the calendar to display the available restore points.
- Select the desired restore point from the available ones.
If a particular day is greyd out, it means there is no available restore point for that day. Multiple restore points may be available for the same day if the backup job runs more than once during the day, depending on the schedule in place or manual backup job runs.
Then, click on Mount.
- Wait for the restore point to mount.
- Then, browse your drive and subfolders to get to the original location of your files and folders to restore from the backup. Select the file(s) and/or the folder(s) to restore and click on Restore.
Optional - For files and folders in different locations, you can consider the Add to Restore List option before clicking on Restore to restore all the files and folders in one (1) restore job.
- Then, choose between the Overwrite option or the Keep option.
a. If the Overwrite option is chosen, the files and folders in the recovery point will erase and replace the ones in the same location inside the virtual machine (if still present).
b. If the Keep option is chosen, the files and folders in the recovery point will not replace the actual files and folders inside the virtual machine. Restored files and folders will be restored with RESTORED- appended in the file name.
Click on Yes, to proceed with the chosen option.
- Then, provide credentials with administrative rights on the virtual machine and click on OK.
- Wait for the files to be restored.
At this point, if you need to restore more files and folders, you can click on the green arrow to come back to the previous screen and repeat step #7 and #8 without providing credentials again. The credentials are kept in memory as long as the restore point is mounted.
You can also select the Download option.
This option will allow you to download a selected file or folder through the same browser you are using to access the portal. A zip file will be downloaded if a folder is chosen.