How to access a virtual machine in Performance Cloud using SSH
This guide will show you how to access a virtual machine from outside your network in Sherweb Performance Cloud.
You must be a Sherweb Performance Cloud client.
1. Open a web browser and enter the following URL in the address bar:
2. Enter your username and password in the Login fields and then click on Submit.
3. Create a VM. For assistance, please refer to this guide.
4. Create a network. For assistance, please refer to this guide. Make sure NAT is enabled.
5. Link your VM to the network. For assistance, please refer to this guide.
Create a network rule.
6. Click on your network.
7. Click on the Rules tab and then click on Add Rule.
8. For an SSH connection, use these settings:
Source Port: 22
Choose destination virtual Machine
Destination Port: 22
Click on the checkmark icon.
9. Go on the dashboard of your virtual network and locate your EXTERNAL IP. This external IP is associated to the virtual network and you will need it to initiate a SSH connection to your server.
10. Download any SSH client of your choice. If you do not have any preferences, we suggest using PuTTY client. PuTTY client can be downloaded here:
11. Once you have downloaded PuTTY on your computer, double-click the executable file to open the client.
12. You will now access to the PuTTY Configuration window
13. In the Host Name (or IP address) field, enter the external IP address of your virtual network (step 9). You can leave the default settings (Port 22 and SSH for the Connection Type)
14. Click Open and you should now receive a PuTTY Security Alert. Click Yes to the security Alert.
15. You will now be able to login to your VM via SSH. Enter your username and password.
All Sherweb Performance Cloud accounts.