3. Recovering entire Microsoft 365 mailboxes
This guide will show you how to recover entire Microsoft 365 mailboxes
You must have administrator credentials for:
- Online Backup
- Your Microsoft 365 organization
What items can be backed recovered?
The following items can be recovered from a mailbox backup:
- Email folders
- Email messages
- Calendar events
- Journal entries
You can use search to locate the items.
When recovering entire mailboxes you can select whether to overwrite the items in the target location.
1. Sign in to the Online Backup console as a company administrator through the Partner Portal using the SSO or log in to the following link https://backup.cld.services/login.
2. Click on Microsoft Office 365.
3. Do one of the following:
To recover a user mailbox
- Expand the Users node, select All users, select the user whose mailbox you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
To recover a shared mailbox
- Expand the Users node, select All users, select the shared mailbox that you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
To recover a group mailbox
- Expand the Groups node, select All groups, select the group whose mailbox you want to recover, and then click Recovery.
If the user, group, or the shared mailbox was deleted
- Select it in the Microsoft Office 365 backups section of the Backups tab, and then click Show backups.
You can search users and groups by name. Wildcards are not supported.
4. Select a recovery point, then click Recover > Entire Mailbox.
5. In Recover to mailbox, view, change, or specify the target mailbox.
- By default, the original mailbox is selected. If this mailbox does not exist or a non-original organization is selected, you must specify the target mailbox.
6. Click Start Recovery.
7. Select one of the overwriting options before you click on Proceed:
- Overwrite existing items
- Do not overwrite existing items
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
All Online Backup accounts with Microsoft 365