5. Backing up OneDrive files
This guide will show you how back up OneDrive files with Online Backup
You must have administrator credentials for:
- Online Backup
- Your Microsoft 365 organization
What items can be backed up?
You can back up an entire OneDrive, or individual files and folders.
Files are backed up together with their sharing permissions. Advanced permission levels (Design, Full, Contribute) are not backed up.
1. Sign in to the backup console as a company administrator through the Partner Portalumulus using the SSO or log in to the following link https://backup.cld.services/login.
2. Click on Microsoft Office 365.
3. Do one of the following:
To back up the files of all users (including users that will be created in the future)
- Expand the Users node, select All users, and then click Group backup
To back up the files of individual users
- Expand the Users node, select All users, select the users whose files you want to back up, and then click Backup.
4. Click on Add Backup Plan to open the backup plan panel.
- Ensure that the OneDrive item is selected in What to back up.
In Items to back up, do one of the following:
- Keep the default setting [All] (all files)
- You can click on Items to backup to specify the files and folders to back up by adding their names or paths.
You can use wildcard characters (*, **, and ?). For more details about specifying paths and using wildcards, refer to "File filters".
- Specify the files and folders to back up by browsing. The Browse link is available only when creating a backup plan for a single user.
[OPTIONAL] In Items to back up, click Show exclusions to specify the files and folders to skip during the backup.
File exclusions override the file selection; i.e. if you specify the same file in both fields, this file will be skipped during a backup.
5. Click on Apply
6. After applying a backup plan, the newly added items will be included in the backup only after the synchronization. The cloud agent synchronizes with Microsoft 365 every 24 hours.
You can click on Run Now if you want to run the backup right away.
This option will not be available from the Group Backup, in which case you will need to select the users you want to run now and click on the Backup button instead of Group Backup in order to click the Run Now button for the Schedule you just created.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
All Online Backup accounts with Microsoft 365