Caller ID with Samsung Phones (Hiya or SMART)
Many Samsung phones have an anti-spam app installed called Hiya or SMART. When the phone rings to signal an incoming call, this app, which is enabled by default, might change the caller id name that is displayed on the phone’s screen. It will override what we push through CloudPBX.
Turning the spam filter (Hiya) off or on
- Click the Phone button as if you are placing a call
- Click the three dots (...) on the top right of the screen and click on Settings
- Click on Caller ID and Spam Protection and turn it off
Request a change in caller id name
Hiya is a 3rd party vendor and unrelated to Sherweb. In order to request a change to caller id names, you can send a support ticket to Hiya by following the link below:
- Click on Submit a request
- Select Change or remove the caller id information
- Fill the required fields to open a ticket
When Hiya updates the caller id, you will need to clear the application’s cache and may also need to completely clear the application’s data.
- Go to the phone's Settings, click the magnifier icon to search for Hiya
- Click on Hiya Service
- Click on Storage
- Click on the Clear Cache icon and test. If it does not work after clearing the cache, you can also Clear Data from the same location.
We are here to help: don’t hesitate to open a support ticket with us if you need assistance.