How to import an OVA/OVF template without using a catalog
This guide will show you how to import an OVA/OVF template into Performance Cloud powered by VMware without using a catalog.
If you don't have an OVF template, you can create one from your existing virtual machine using the OVF Tool or by exporting your virtual machine from vSphere.
Please see the VMware documentation for more information on building OVF templates:
- VM template Hardware version supported for vCloud: Version 14
- VM template size: For help importing a large VM (800 GB +), please contact our support team.
1. Log in to the Performance Cloud VMware portal using your credentials.
2. Click on your virtual datacenter.
3. Go to Compute > vApps.
4. Click on NEW, Add vApp From OVF
5. Browse to your OVA files
- For OVF Templates, make sure to select all required files for the import.
6. Click NEXT and configure the resources and settings for your OVA template. Depending on the OVA templates, the settings will be different.
7. Wait until the import has completed.
8. You have successfully imported your OVA/OVF template into Performance Cloud powered by VMware.
If you have any issues importing your OVA/OVF template, please first review this article before contacting our cloud support team.