Performance Cloud VMware migration checklists
Here are two (2) checklists to help you with the migration from Performance Cloud (Hyper-V) to Performance Cloud VMware.
- Install migration requirements inside current virtual machines under Performance Cloud (an email is sent by Sherweb with details).
- Test your access to the Performance Cloud VMware portal.
- Get familiar with the getting started guide and main articles: https://helpdesk.sherweb.com/en/support/solutions/articles/67000664216-how-to-get-started-with-performance-cloud-vmware
- Create more users to access the Performance Cloud VMware portal (if needed).
- Reduce the TTL value for DNS records related to Performance Cloud (if applicable).
- Optional - If current connections to Performance Cloud are made using the public IP address instead of a fully qualified domain name or "FQDN", create new records with the new public IP address to be use once the migration is completed.
- Only for Site-to-Site VPN tunnels - If you absolutely need to use a fully qualified domain name or "FQDN", instead of an external IP for the on-premises site, please contact our cloud support team as this will require extra steps in the backend to configure the Edge Gateway.
- Remove the ghosted (hidden) network adapter from the previous Hyper-V environment on each Windows virtual machine. Refer to the resolution mentioned in this KB for more details: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1179
- Update DNS records with the new IP address (if applicable).
- Optional - Update any configuration using the old public IP address by the new fully qualified domain name or "FQDN" (if any record was previously created for this purpose)
- Optional but strongly recommended - Update the "Any" value for the allowed source(s) on firewall rules to restrict the access for DNAT rules (previous rules import) (if applicable)
- Test server roles, accessible services and applications to remote users (including but not limited to Remote Desktop Services and Web Services)
Post-Migration VPN checklist
- Update the VPN Pre-Shared key in the Edge Gateway on Performance Cloud VMware for each Site-to-Site VPN tunnel (if applicable).
- Update the VPN SA Lifetime on phase 2 from 28800 to 3600 secs in your firewall and/or VPN device(s) for each Site-to-Site VPN tunnel (if applicable).
- Update the peer IP address with the new public IP address for each Site-to-Site VPN tunnel in your firewall and/or VPN device(s) and/or VPN software (if applicable).
- Test Site-to-Site VPN tunnels connectivity (if applicable).
- Test Point-to-Site VPN client and/or software connectivity (if applicable).
Once the post-migration checklist has been reviewed, all tests passed and all services and applications are working as expected, please notify Sherweb.
- In the source environment, delete virtual machines or request Sherweb to delete virtual machines
- In the source environment, delete virtual machine backups or requests Sherweb to delete backups
- Advise Sherweb to delete the Performance Cloud (Hyper-V) tenant