You are a global administrator of your Office 365 account, and are wanting to start the initial setup process for your Dropsuite backups.
Below is a list of the requirements to complete the initial setup of Dropsuite with your Office 365 account.
- Access to a global administrator user in your Office 365 environment
Office 365 Setup with Dropsuite
The below is a guide of how to complete the initial configuration of Dropsuite with your Office 365 account.
- Select the "Add Backup" option.
- Select the Microsoft 365 option.
- You will next be prompted to sign in using the Office 365 global admin account.
- Dropsuite will then proceed to create a global admin on the tenant for the backup purpose. Once the global admin is verified, you will need to allow the MFA service setting. click on "MFA Service Setting" and then select the option to "Allow users to create app passwords to sign in to non-browser apps" and save.
- Once this is complete, you will need to select the "login to Microsoft" option and enter the username and password found under the step 1 Global Admin section in the MFA setup screen.
- You will then be prompted to set up the MFA settings. In the last section, you will be given an app password that will need to be entered on the MFA setup page.
- On the last step, you will need to select the "Sign in with Office 365" option using the global admin and MFA token, and accept the permissions.
For the next steps on how to add users, please reference this guide.