Please note that the Dropsuite UI has recently been updated. Some of the screenshots below may be out of date and we are working on updating this guide as quickly as possible.
You are an admin needing to know how the "Relationships" tab can be used to your benefit.
To view and utilize the relationships section, you will need the following:
- Full Admin access
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Understanding Relationships
Relationships are a way to visually see the connections between email addresses both internal, and external. The below will be broken into sections to better understand how to understand and use the relationships tab in the Dropsuite platform.
Finding the relationships tab
- Log into the Dropsuite platform using your full admin access.
- Hover over the insights tab and select "Relationships".
- You will be brought to the relationships page which will resemble the following:
- By date: By default, there is a date range pre-set. This being said, you also have the option to select a custom date range by selecting the date option shown in the top of the page.
- By pre-set filters: To search using pre-set filters, select the filter option at the top where you will be able to select show all, received, sent or with attachments to narrow down your search.
- By Keywords: This option will allow you to use the search bar to search for keywords within an email address to find all incoming and outgoing emails. Examples to search by include:
- The entire email address of a user such as "Janedoe@example.com".
- The domain such as "@example.com".
- A word or employee name such as "Jane", or "Janedoe". This would bring up all examples that the email address included these keywords.
- Each circle represents an email address, either internal, or external. Hovering over the circle will all you to view who the circle represents.
- Different colors represent different domains. This makes it easier to monitor activity between different domains.
- Details shown when hovering over a user circle are as followed:
- The user in question
- Received: How many emails have been received by this user within the time span.
- Sent: The number of emails sent by this user within the time span.
- Attachments Sent: The number of emails sent including attachments within the time span.
- Attachments Received: The number of emails received with attachments within the time span.
- Connections: The number of email addresses that have been sent to or received from within the time span.
- Each line represents email interactions between two email addresses which are represented by the circles.
- Details shown when hovering over a line are as followed:
- The 2 users the connection is to and from.
- Sent: The number of emails sent from the "From" address to the "To" address.
- Received: The number of emails received by the "From" address from the "To" address.
- Attachments Sent: The number of emails sent with attachments from the "From" address to the "To" address.
- Attachments Received: The number of emails with attachments received by the "From" address from the "To" address.