Mobyx - A business mobility application
How to install Mobyx
Using your cell phone, go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install the Mobyx softphone app.
When launching for the first time you will have the choice of putting in your account credentials or using a QR Code.
Select the QR code option.
Log in to your online portal and scan the QR code that is on the first page when you log in. (Note that the following QR code were blurred for security purposes.)
You now have your work extension on your cellphone.
Push notifications are enabled by default, which means even if the app is not running your phone will ring when someone calls your office extension number.
To disable push notifications:
- Press the 'more button' (the 3 dots on the top right of the application screen),
- select settings
- set Incoming Calls to only in foreground instead of Use Push Notifications.
Making a call
When you open the application, you first see the dial pad. This is where you will be able to place calls whether to external numbers and to your internal colleagues. External numbers can be dialed using a 10-digit number, whereas calling a colleague (internal) can be accomplished using their extension number.
To initiate the call press the “Call button” seen in the image below.
Another useful feature is called “Ring-Out”. This will allow the use of your cellular minutes instead of using your Data connection on the mobile device. This is ideal in areas where Data coverage may not be as readily available.
To take advantage of this feature:
- start by dialing the phone number you want to call
- press and hold the “Call button”. You will then receive a call on your cell phone from our server, which will then connect to the number dialed. Note that an additional configuration is required to use this feature. Do not hesitate to contact us for more details.
Transferring calls can be accomplished easily via the Mobyx application. Once on a call you will see the option to “Transfer” and “Att. Transfer”.
- By pressing the Transfer button and entering the extension or external phone number (via the dial pad) where you would like to send the call, and then pressing the call button to confirm, the call will be transferred directly to that extension or external number.
- By pressing the Att. Transfer button, and following the same steps as above, you will be able to speak with the intended recipient of the call to confirm availability prior to transferring.
Here you will see call history for calls; Placed, Received, Missed and even Cancelled via the Mobyx softphone.
Important to note that if Mobyx is in DND (Do Not Disturb) mode, the application will not ring, but you will still be able to see these calls in the history.
DND (Do Not Disturb)
This feature will prevent calls from reaching the mobile application. Please note that your desk phone (if applicable) will continue to receive the calls as normal, and that this only affects call destined to the mobile application (Mobyx). This feature can be accessed via the extension number in the top right of the screen.
In this menu you will find various options:
Preferences is the main section for users, in which you can set the ringtone for the application, enable call forwarding, and adjust the contacts format among other options.
Please consult your solution provider for more details prior to adjusting any other settings in these menus.
Please do not hesitate to contact your service provider for additional information.