This guide explains how to setup Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for a user in the Partner Portal.
These are the accounts that this explanation is applicable to:
- All Partner Portal accounts
Setting up MFA
The below will explain how to setup Multi-Factor Authentication for a user in the Partner Portal.
- Login with your Partner Portal username and password.
- Select your preferred authentication method.
- Next, depending which authentication method you selected, follow the instructions to proceed with setting up MFA.
Authentication Method Step-by-step Instructions Time-based one-time password (TOTP): A time-based one-time password (TOTP) is a temporary passcode generated by an algorithm that uses the current time of day as one of it's authentication factors. It requires an authentication app (ex: Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.).
- Install an Authentication app of your choice.
- Find the option to add a new account or code.
- Scan the image or enter the code shown on the Partner Portal screen.
*Please note that the code shown to the right of the QR code is for use with desktop authentication software.
- Next, enter the code now shown in your authentication app, and select "Enable".
Text Message (SMS): A one-time code is sent by text message (SMS) to the user each time they log into your account to verify their identity.
- Select the Country and enter the phone number that will be used to receive the code via text message (SMS).
- Next, select "Send my code".
- The phone number that was entered will then receive a text message (SMS) with a code. Enter this code on the screen shown in the Partner Portal and select "Enable".
Email: An email containing a one-time passcode will be sent to the user's mailbox every time they sign into your account to validate their identity.
- Enter your email address and select "Send my code".
- Once you have received the email containing the code, enter it on the Partner Portal page and select "Enable".
- Next, you will reach a screen explaining that the MFA setup is complete, and that you will need to log back in to your secured account. You can now select "Continue".
- You will now see that you have been logged out, and you can select to log back into the Partner Portal.
- When logging back into the partner portal you will now be able to utilize the Multi-Factor Authentication method that has just been setup. You will need to log in using your username and password, and then will be prompted to get a code to sign in via your chosen authentication method be it by an Authentication App, via email, or via a text message (SMS).