How to explore Microsoft OneDrive for Business backups using the Veeam Explorer on M365 backup powered by Veeam
Using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive for Business, you can connect to your service provider to explore your backups and perform restores.
- To use Veeam Explorers, you must have your backup server installed and configured. If not already completed, please follow the following article: How to setup Veeam Backup & Replication to allow additional restore options on M365 backup powered by Veeam
- The account to be used to log in to Microsoft 365 must be assigned the "Global Administrator" role in the Microsoft tenant.
- When connecting to the service provider using Veeam Explorers, you may see a message about charges that may be billed by your provider. This can be ignored. There are no extra fees for using Veeam Explorers to proceed with restores.
- Connect to your backup server
- Open the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Click on Add Org, then click on Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 service provider
- Select the proper service provider from the list (if any other service providers are configured), then copy the code and click on the URL.
- Paste the code and click on Next.
- Log in to Microsoft 365 (Azure Active Directory).
- Once authenticated, click on Specify point in time.
- Choose between the latest available state or a specific point in time for the restore session. Then, click on Connect.
You must authenticate within fifteen (15) minutes. Over fifteen (15) minutes, you will have to generate a new code and proceed with the authentication process again.
- The content database of Microsoft OneDrive for Business is now displayed based on the chosen point in time.
Note: The recovery point that will be displayed is the one that occurred before the chosen date and time.
Now that you are connected to the content database of Microsoft OneDrive for Business, please see this article on how to restore Microsoft OneDrive for Business data from backups: How to restore data using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive for Business on M365 backup powered by Veeam
Please review the documentation of the provider for more information: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/explorers/veod_sp_add.html?ver=70