How to update Veeam Explorers for M365 backup powered by Veeam
To connect to the backup infrastructure using Veeam Explorers, it is mandatory to update them after a setup of a Veeam Backup & Replication server.
It is also strongly recommended to update Veeam Explorers frequently to get new features and bug fixes, especially once Sherweb has made infrastructure upgrades.
If you don’t have a Veeam Backup & Replication server in place yet, please follow this article for guidance.
- Connect to your backup server.
- Download the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 ISO file on the backup server.
You can use the following link: https://download2.veeam.com/VBO/v6/VeeamBackupMicrosoft365_18.104.22.1688_P20221215.iso
If the link above is broken, you can download the trial here: https://www.veeam.com/backup-microsoft-office-365.html
- Once the ISO file download is completed, mount the ISO file.
- Then, launch the Veeam Setup
- Click on Install
- Click on Install Veeam Explorers
- Click on I Accept
- Depending on your server configuration, you may see a warning on the next screen. You can ignore the warning for system requirements as we only deploy Veeam Explorers. Click on Next.
- Then, click on Install
- Wait for the install to complete
- Finally, click on Finish
You have now successfully upgraded Veeam Explorers.