How to get started on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi
Welcome to Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi!
This guide will help you getting started on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi, a 100% S3 compatible architecture.
Object storage (also known as object-based storage) is a computer data storage that manages data as objects, as opposed to other storage architectures like file systems which manages data as a file hierarchy, and block storage which manages data as blocks.
Buckets are the basic containers that hold your data. Everything that you store in object storage must be contained in a bucket. You can use buckets to organize your data and control access to your data.
An object can be any type of file – text, photo, video, log, backup, etc.
The term “S3 compatible” means that the storage employs the S3 API as its “language.” Applications that speak the S3 API should be able to plug and play with S3 compatible storage.
Access keys are used to make secure requests to the service API. For security purposes, you should never share your keys. Also, industry best practices recommend frequent key rotation.
You may want to use your Cloud Object Storage for many use cases like:
- Backup and Recovery
- Content Delivery
- Surveillance video storage
- and more!
There are no fees for egress traffic.
However, if bandwidth usage of download exceeds bandwidth usage of upload into your cloud object storage, Sherweb or Wasabi may consider this usage as abusive and this could potentially lead to an account closure.
Here are links for main articles to get started with Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi.
- How to create a bucket on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi
- How to enable Bucket Logging or Bucket Versioning (post bucket creation) on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi
- How to create sub-users on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi
- How to enable Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi
- Manage Access Keys on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi
- Enable Bucket Replication on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi
For a full access to articles on Cloud Object Storage powered by Wasabi, please visit our support site at: https://helpdesk.sherweb.com/en/support/solutions/67000388122