TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Perform Migration
Note: The following Pre-Migration steps are used when migrating to Sherweb's Hosted Exchange email service.
Before starting your migration make sure to prepare the Exchange environment.
In your Sherweb Control Panel you can download spreadsheets to batch import Users, Distribution Lists and Contacts. Fill them out and either import them or provide them to your migration technician.
- On the right-hand side, look for Users, then click Import Users.
- Choose and download the required template.
- On the right-hand side, look for Exchange, then click Manage Distribution Lists.
- At the top of the top of the page, click Import Distribution Lists.
- Click the Download distribution list import spreadsheet button.
- On the right-hand side, look for Exchange, then click Manage Contacts.
- At the top of the top of the page click Import Contacts.
- Click the Download contact import spreadsheet button.
Once you are sure that you have everything you need, you can proceed with performing the migration.
Step 1 - Connect account to Outlook
Make sure you have an Outlook profile synced to the existing account .
Step 2 - Update DNS Records
Point MX and Autodiscover records to Sherweb:
Note: Once this step has been completed, emails will start going to the new mailboxes. Make sure your users are prepared to start using their new accounts.
Step 3 - Use Outlook Web App
While the next steps of the migration are taking place, users can log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) to see and respond to new messages until the Outlook and Mobile profiles have been converted and updated.
To know where to find your Outlook Web App click here.
Step 4 - Export a PST
Connect to the account you'd like to export the data from using the Outlook Desktop app.
Once the PST file has been exported, close Outlook.
Step 5 - Sync Outlook profile to Sherweb and mobile devices
It is now safe for your users to start using the Outlook Desktop app and mobile devices again.
Note: It is important to make sure you create a new Outlook profile. No doing so may result in users getting Autodiscover errors and Outlook looking for the old account instead of the new one.
Links for various Mobile Devices:
- How to sync your email with the iOS mail app
- How to add your exchange account to Outlook for iOS
- How to add your exchange account to Outlook for Android
- How to set up email on Android with ActiveSync
Step 6 - Import PST
Connect to the account you'd like to import into using the Outlook Desktop app.
Import the PST file into a new profile:
Let it update completely. It will be finished when it says All Folders Up To Date in the bottom right-hand corner.